We Offer Telehealth
Telehealth uses electronic communication to remotely provide health care information and services. We offer this to our patients. There is a combination of clinical, technical, and financial considerations that determine if telehealth is right for you.
If you are interested in Telehealth, the best thing to do is to call our clinic and we can determine if it is a fit for you.
- Scheduled like a normal visit
- One-on-one visit with your physical therapist
- Saves you time (no travel time)
- Saves you money (no travel costs)
- Minimize your risk
Call Us for more information
FAQ For Telehealth
- Social distancing due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- No hassle scheduling
- If unable to drive or get a ride
- Get treated from the convenience of your home
- Hours of the clinic or provider does not match to your work/life schedule
- Use of advanced technology to offer a solution without waiting and preventing things from getting worse
- Better access to health care
What will happen in your typical session?
- Live Video Call with a Registered Physiotherapist who will assess your condition.
- A customized treatment plan is created for you after the assessment by your PT, who will then monitor you in real-time while you are performing your treatment.
- Easy and convenient booking (typically able to see within 24 hours of booking the appointment
What if I need hands-on or in-person care?
Is your fee covered by insurance?
Virtual physical therapy is covered by most health care plans. Typically health plans cover all or a portion of the cost for such service. We can find that info for you if you wish by checking with your insurance company.
What can be done in a typical Telerehab visit?
- Take a complete history to provide an accurate diagnosis
- Examine range of motion and movements
- Perform a functional movement examination
- Evaluate strength
- Prescribe exercises and stretches – with supporting photos/videos
- Correct exercise form and provide cues to perform them more effectively
- Provide and refine self joint mobilization techniques (self-hands on therapy)
- Provide and refine self directed soft tissue treatment techniques
- Provide a full rehab plan to follow in your own environment
- Educate patients on their injury or condition
- Help train another person to assist you with exercises or stretches
What do I Need for my Virtual Physiotherapy Session?
How do I Prepare For My Virtual Physiotherapy Session?
Set your device up so that you can do a face-to-face interview and you can move away to show your full body. Change into loose fitting clothing (like you would wear to a gym) so that you can move freely. It is recommended that you log on 5 minutes prior to your session and submit your paperwork ahead of time.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment, give us a call, we are more than happy to help.